Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hi, my name is Tian-Shi (that means angel in Chinese). I am a 5 month old female pekingese. I just moved in with my new mom, 2 human brothers, a human sister, and a large canine family. I am just starting to get to know my new family, but I really think I'm gonna like it here. It can't be worse than where I came from, that's for sure. I was rescued from a very bad place, a puppy mill. The people who owned my canine mom and dad had over 200 dogs, of all different sizes and breeds. We all lived in small cages or runs, but now I have my own bed, toys and everything!! Although I haven't figured out what toys are for or how to play yet I think they are nice to cuddle with. I had always drank out of a rabbit style water bottle so mom had to teach me how to drink out of a bowl, it was very hard but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I am very scared of walking on strange things, such as carpet and especially grass. The TV scared me at first, but because mom leaves it or the radio on for us when she leaves the house I'm not at all scared of it anymore. My brother, Chen Po, loves to watch TV. I might have to start doing that too sometime. Learning to eat normal dog food (I'm used to eating food which looks like rabbit pellets) was almost as hard at learning to lap water from a dich. Mom thinks I'm extra cute while I'm eating. She says I make the oddest faces. Dog food sure is is hard to chew but it sure tasted GOOD! Mom says it's better for my teeth too. Mom and I are also working on the potty training thing. She is happy I got rescued while I am still young so I may beable to learn where to go potty before the end of the year. My new sister, Odette, was rescued from a mill when she was 6. She is 7 now but still has a VERY hard time with the potty training thing. Mom even made little diapers for her. They look like bikini bottoms that mom puts a pad in. They work well, but Odette has to have a rear end bath almost every day. The doggy doctor doesn't think she has accidents because she doesn't try, but because she can't controls it as well as other dogs. Probably because she had SO many babies. I'm lucky though. I will NEVER have puppies. After seeing so many dogs have puppies and seeing so many mom and baby dogs die at the mill I am very relieved about never having to go through that experience.

I was born with only a nub for a tail, possibly from over breeding and am quite underweight, but other than that I seem fairly healthy. I think people are VERY scary at this point except for my human brother Soren. He was the first kid I ever met and he held me all the way home on his lap so I am very attached to him. He feels safe. I found another place that feels safe, its my doggy bed. Mom noticed that I prefer to be in very high places because I lived in a top cage at the mill, so mom put my bed and my own food and water bowls on a shelf with a ramp leading up to it. It's not as high as my cage was at the mill but mom is to scared to put it higher than it already is because I'm not very coordinated and she is afraid I'll fall. So far I have fallen off the couch (I can't jump yet though so people have to put me on it anyway) mom's bed (she put me there too), and down the stairs leading outside. I'm not used to different levels.

I like my canine family at my new house a lot, especially Chen Po. He is a pekingese too and also had a rough start in life. Mom is fostering me until I am more comfortable with people, cars, strange noises, and everything else in life. I may get to stay with mom if I need to. My new family has done foster care for animals a lot and loves to help dogs and cats find their loving forever homes. However, sometimes, but not very after, mom's home turns out to be the right forever home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Isabella said...

I am so glad you are with MoonShadow and her family and away from that horrid puppy mill. Be well,little one, and I am wishing a wonderful forever home will be yours in the near future.
Big Wags,
Isabella

10:57 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

You're a lucky doggie, and a cutie too!!
T-man

8:19 PM  
Blogger Baily said...

awwww, what a pretty little dog!!!
definatly cutie-pie :)

nose licks
baily

12:48 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

you are so beautiful, I know you will be very happy with your forever home...MJ

12:48 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Hey, you deserve to have a forever home. I'm sorry you had such a difficult time in the puppy mill.

~Jay

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home