Sunday, November 26, 2006


Life sure can be good, as long as you make it through the rough spots.
I had a rough go of it for a while recently. One of my eyes got a puncture from playing with Chen Po. The vet gave us meds to put in it several times a day. It looked like it was healed, but then the next day BOTH my eyes were infected with some kind of virus! The vet (a great lady) thinks it was because my one eye was already weak that it just took over. Those infections seemed to go on FOREVER! I couldn't see, mom kept having to wash crud out ofmy eyes so I could even open them, and had to put several dfferent meds in my eyes several times a day. I couldn't see hardely anything and was very scared. The vet said both my eyes would most likely have to be removed (scary), but luckily my eyes are now both infection free. My eyes are now probably scared for life and need daily meds, but I can now see. I can't see as well as I once could, and there is now a large scar where the puncture used to be, but I get to keep my eyes (at least for now). Unfortunalely my eyes are now much more easily damaged and can get infections easier, but I'm ok.

After my eyes healed I got to go with the human kids to a park again. I don't like to slide or play in the equiptment like Justice (my poodle sister) does but I was quite content just being loved on by all the kids at the park and by my family, and to run in the grass while chasing my human kids.














Isn't life great when you are loved?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Tian-Shi: About the doggie door, I want to tell you. My Uncle Rudy only has one eye because he was attacked by Pit Bulls when he was a baby. He's so lucky to be alive. My Auntie C rescued him from his Nana, Allie (who had to move to Hawaii), who rescued him from the vets. Anyway, I tell you all this because if you have trouble seeing at all a doggie door can be pretty scary. It's just something your Mom can help you get used to, by maybe holding a treat on the other side?? I once ran smack into a glass door too. Ouch! You've had some pretty rotten luck, but I know you'll be fine.

I'm glad we're Pen Pals now.

Love, Mary-Margaret

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tian-shi,

since my hoomans are chinese, i can understand what tian-shi means very well... ok, mom told me that. dad doesn't understand chinese. :-)

wow, i'm glad you are ok now. infection is not good. i'm half shih tzu half pekingese. mom got me from a petstore and when i first came to live with the hooman, i have ear infection. every time after bath, i surely will scratch my ears coz it hurts. my mom thought that's just how a dog act after a shower. then only she realised i have ear infection.

mom doesn't know where i was born or whether the petstore owner took care of me but i'm lucky to be living with my hooman now.

btw, i saw your blog in the list but you didn't update for quite sometime. please write more.

wet wet licks

Boo

6:29 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Hi Tian-Shi!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, we got our first snow storm yesterday.... I see you live in Colorado?? No snow there, right? Don't worry, if you want some, I can ask mommy to mail you some snow.? I see in your profile that you were rescued from a puppy mill. I am sorry that you had to spend the first few months of your life in such a horrible place. But we're so happy for you now. Seems like you have found yourself an amazing family! Take care my friend.

Tobes

9:56 PM  
Blogger Isabella said...

I' sure glad your eye got better. Be really careful and don't hurt it again!
Big Wags,
Isabella

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home